Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

dining room -nook- inspiration and results

Our tiny little 'eating area' was way to small for a table of any dignity. So instead I decided to try and extend out the kitchen and create a multipurpose work area.

My inspiration for this small space was:






The nook looked like this:

before.

Progress being made:
mid way

I was able to reuse the brackets and shelves from my old place. My original ideas was to use Ikea kitchen cabinets and then trim them out. But I realized it would be way easier (and less expensive) to modify one of ikeas large bedroom dressers. I picked up the 8 drawer Hemnes - which just fit -  cut down the legs a bit and added baseboard. I decided that it was all a little too white and grey with the light shelves and dresser so I decided to paint the back wall a dark accent which I had already lying around.


No comments:

Post a Comment