Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

wrapping a coffee table in vinyl paper

We had a huge lack coffee table that was the perfect size. But the finish was scratched and bubbled. So I decided to try and wrap it in wall paper.


I found this crazy cool vinyl paper from homedepot. My inspiration was this bar area wrapped in a similar paper on fromtherightbank.  I love this effect!


I think she started a bit of a trend bc it was also on the houseandhome blog:

My paper is from the same company but the colour is black:




The photos:

before



from the top
took lots of tape to keep the paper
in place when drying
all wrapped and put back together.

The glue on the back wasn't very strong. I think it would have been alot easier to use a spray adhesive. . . I think I am going to be re-gluing the legs. The paste was really meant for wall application . . . not furniture. But I am so happy with the results! 

No comments:

Post a Comment